Friday, July 26, 2013

Heather Sutherlin's Seen Series, Review by Christine Locke



I'm delighted to take part in the Book Release Blast for Heather Sutherlin's Wandering, the latest book in her "Seen" Series.
Here is where you can find my brief but delighted review of Heather's first novel for this series, Seen.

Today, I get to tell you about Wandering, the second book in this fantasy series that might also be described as Young Adult romance.

Here's the amazon description of Wandering:

When you’ve traveled between worlds, there’s nowhere left to go but home. Rory has never been so cold in her life. But the biting wind only reminds her of another pain that grows more intense with each passing day. Each night Jaron’s beautiful voice sings in her dreams, and each day her footsteps draw her closer to his side. Danger and intrigue at every turn, no distance is too far when you’re returning for true love. Rin has spent the last five years searching for Rory across two worlds. Now a series of visions have him convinced he’s growing closer to finding her. But when Rory slips through another portal, taking his visions with her, he finds himself back at square one. To find her now he’ll need the help of an old friend and a little otherworldly magic. This time he intends to bring The Wanderer home for good.

I'm going to give Wandering 5 stars, because I loved the second half. I did not find the ending confusing.  Perhaps another review felt that it ended abruptly or that the flash forward at the end (so we can see main characters at a later point in time, when certain events reach resolution) was disconcerting.  I can understand that.  However, I like the flash forward.  I like the closure it offered.

I also continued to enjoy the lush and detailed (even when they're not so lush) settings described in this series.  I do recommend these all-age appropriate books for the younger Young Adult crowd.

Also, I do think it's important to note, again, that Sutherlin's ebooks are professionally edited and formatted.  At a time when anyone can take a draft and publish it as an ebook, it's hard for readers to know when a manuscript has been released only because it is ready, and when it's just been thrown out there.   Sutherlin's books are quality products.  You can purchase them with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment